Have you tried the free 18Birdies Apple Watch App yet?
With the 18Birdies free Apple Watch golf app all you have to do is look at your wrist and you’ll get distances to every hole on the course, along with distances to the front and back of every green. And it's 100% free! You can also easily log scores for each hole while you play and enter any stats you like too. All of your rounds will be saved to your 18Birdies profile which you can view anytime in the 18Birdies golf app.
If you haven't setup the 18Birdies Apple Watch app on your phone yet, here's a quick tutorial of how to get ready for your first round.
Setting up 18Birdies on the Apple Watch
- On your iPhone, open the Watch application
- Scroll down to view the list of applications that are installed on your phone.
- If you don't see 18Birdies listed under Installed on Apple Watch, scroll down to find Available Apps.
- Tap Install next to 18Birdies.
- From your Apple Watch, open 18Birdies watch golf app.
You should see a prompt to "Start a new round on your phone to begin". (screenshot below)
- Open the Play tab on your 18Birdies iPhone App. Check that the course info displaying matches the course you want to play
- From the Play tab on your 18Birdies iPhone app, select Start Round
- Complete the Start Round details on your iPhone.
- Tap "Play" on your iPhone