We made an exciting announcement today: 18Birdies hit 1 Million members thanks to our incredible golf community! To mark this milestone, 18Birdies CEO Eddy Lui wrote a letter congratulating all those who helped us get there:
Dear 18Birdies family,
First off, I want to thank you for helping to grow our community and for sharing so much of your golf lives with us. Without your passion and support, we wouldn’t be where we are today. We have grown so much since launching in 2016 and I’m extremely excited to announce that the 18Birdies community is now over 1 million strong!
Given this historic milestone for 18Birdies, I wanted to look back and share a few of my favorite memories from 2018 and some fun stats on what you have achieved collectively so far!
It’s been a great first half of the year and we’ve accomplished so many great things including:
- Hosting our DreamGames winners at the Arnold Palmer Invitational
- Seeing our brand ambassadors break two Guinness World Records – Fastest Hole of Golf and Most Golf Balls Caught in Under One Minute
- Winning the Golf Digest Editor’s Choice Award for “Best Game Analyzer”
- Being named a Webby Award Finalist for Best GPS Technology
- Partnering with the LPGA to help grow women’s golf
What you all have been able to accomplish collectively is pretty amazing. In total, the 18Birdies community has:
- Hit a combined 158,658, 528 strokes
- Made 287,324 birdies
- Played 93 percent of the courses in the U.S.
- Played enough golf to earn over 44 million Golf Bucks
Give yourselves a hand and let’s keep the momentum going! We have a lot of amazing new features rolling out over the next few months that I’m sure you’ll be excited about, so stay tuned.
Here’s to the next million!